Food for Thought Cookbook Club
Food for Thought - A Cookbook Club is back and ready to get cooking!
Join us for the return of our Cookbook Club on Monday, June 27 from 5:45 to 6:45 PM. This month we explore Tapas. Novice and experienced cooks (and eaters) are welcome! The club meets bi-monthly and is free and open to the public, but pre-registration is required!
Pre-registration prior to each bi-monthly meeting is required. There will be a maximum of 12 participants, so sign up early!
How cookbook club works:
- We will keep a copy of the selected cookbook(s) near the main circulation desk at Ligonier Valley Library.
- Participants MUST sign up prior to the meeting and select one recipe from one of the selected cookbooks.
- Use a post-it note to mark the selected recipe with your name (so we know who is making what and can prevent people from choosing the same recipe).
- Library staff will make a copy of the recipe from the cookbook for you to take with you. The cookbook is not available for circulation while it is a club selection.
- After you select your recipe, register your name, phone, and recipe title and page number on the registration sheet provided.
- Bring your own place setting (plate, silverware) and drink for each meeting.
- You should make and bring one regular-size recipe—enough that everyone gets a taste. There is no need to double or triple recipes.
- Recipes should be prepared at home prior to the meeting. If necessary, the library’s kitchen has a microwave and oven that you can be used for re-heating.
A different cookbook will be selected by the group for each meeting. Members will dicuss recipes, cookbooks, ingredients, cooking methods, styles, and share delicious food with friends!