Food For Thought: Cookbook Club
When: Meetings are bi-monthly. The first meeting will be held on Monday, September 25th at 5:30-6:45pm in the Community Room.
What: A different cookbook will be selected by the group for each meeting. Members will choose a recipe from the cookbook to prepare and bring to a potluck meeting at the library. The group will discuss recipes, cookbooks, ingredients, cooking methods and styles and share delicious food with friends.
How it works: A copy of the selected cookbook title will be kept at the main circulation desk. Participants MUST sign up prior to the meeting, you will select a recipe from the book to prepare and bring to the next meeting.
- Use a post-it note to mark the selected recipe with your name (so we know who is making what and to prevent people from choosing the same recipe).
- Library staff will make a copy of the recipe from the cookbook for you to take with you. The cookbook itself is not available for circulation while it is a club selection.
- Once you have selected your recipe, register your name, phone, recipe title and cookbook page number on the register sheet provided.
- Bring your own place setting (plate, silverware) and drink for each meeting.
- You should make and bring one regular size recipe - enough that everyone gets a taste. There is no need to double or triple recipes.
- Recipes should be prepared at home prior to the meeting. The library kitchen has a microwave and oven that can be used for reheating if necessary.
The Cookbook Club is free and open to the public. Pre-registration prior to each bi-monthly meeting is required. There is a maximum of 12 participants, so sign up early!