The library is open! The following is a list of the library's current service status:
- Full vaccinated individuals are not required to wear facemasks.
- Food and drinks are allowed, but only in certain areas - you may not have them in the stacks, near our computers, or in the children's department.
- Patrons have full access to the library's shelves and collection.
- Newspapers and magazines are now available for browsing in the Diamond Room.
- Flipster Digital Magazines are still available online.
- Patrons can use the library's meeting rooms, sitting areas, patio, and restrooms - before you use any of our meeting rooms, please call ahead or check in at the main circulation desk to make sure the room is not already reserved.
- Free Library WiFi is available throughout the building as well as on the patio and outside within one football field of our front door in all directions.
- The Pennsylvania Room is currently by appointment. However, if you are in town, please feel welcome to stop in and inquire at the main circulation desk about availability. You may also contact the Pa Room Archivist via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the library at 724-238-6451.
- Patrons may return borrowed items through the Book Return slot outside (whether we are open or closed) or at the main desk during normal operating hours.
- Items are no longer being quarantined.
- Items are still auto-renewing, unless they are requested by another patron or you have reached the maximum amount of renewals. A reminder to return the items will be sent 3 days prior to the due date. A first notice will be sent 7 days after the due date, and a second notice to return the item(s) will be issued 14 days after the due date. Finally, if we do not hear from you 30 days after an item is due, a bill is automatically generated and mailed to you.
We wish to thank all of our patrons who have faithfully and patiently cooperated and understood as we attempted to navigate our way through these unprecedented times.
We will continue to strive to keep our patrons and staff safe, but also to meet the needs of our patrons and community. If you have any questions or need assistance, please call the library during normal operating hours at 724-238-6451.
If there are any changes to our hours or services, we will post them on our website and our Facebook page.