WLN & Ligonier Valley Library Services Update
Library Services Update: As springtime begins to take hold, we’ve been thinking about one year ago--March of 2020--when, out of safety and necessity, library services changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With many challenges still on our horizon, some library procedures are in need of review. We humbly ask you to review our library services updates below:
- Those library emails and text messages… please read them! It’s not you, it’s us; we need to communicate things to you about your library account. Emails and text messages are the best and most affordable way to send you information; paper notices can also be generated upon request.
- Billing for lost and/or long overdue library-owned items… Yeah, it’s back! We miss our books and just need them to check in with us again! If an item is approaching its due date, the following process of notification will begin: (1) a Reminder will be sent 3 days prior to the due date, (2) a First notice will be sent 7 days after the due date, and (3) a Second notice to return the item(s) will be issued 14 days after the due date. Finally, (4) if we don’t hear from you 30 days after an item is due, a bill is automatically generated.
- But wait, what about auto-renewals? During the pandemic, your library has been auto-renewing your library items when possible. That said, if an item is on hold for another patron, it cannot be renewed and must be returned to the library by the due date… please!
- Overdue fines… Not a big fan of them? Neither are we! When possible, your library has been waiving fines during the pandemic. However, if an item is lost or long overdue, please understand you’re not being fined, you’re being billed to replace the item… It’s semantics but an important distinction.
Thanks for your time and review of this Library Services Update. We look forward to a season and year of updates and new beginnings!
- The Westmoreland Library Network & Your Local Library